Polish death/black metal tyrants AZARATH premiere a brand new song from their highly anticipated album “In Extremis”, set to be released on April 7th via Agonia Records. Available in a form of a lyric video, “At The Gates Of Understanding” is the first single to be released from the album. It arrives six long years after the band’s last installment, “Blasphemers’ Maledictions”, from 2011. The lyric video was created by Tomasz Strzałkowski and can be watched here:
1. The Triumph of Ascending Majesty
2. Let My Blood Become His Flesh
3. Annihilation (Smite All the Illusions)
4. The Slain God
5. At the Gates of Understanding
6. Parasu Blade
7. Sign of Apophis
8. Into the Nameless Night
9. Venomous Tears (Mourn of the Unholy Mother)
Touted as a “demonic mutation of Krisiun and Behemoth with shades of Immolation”, AZARATH stand up to their wicked name. The band’s death metal is crisp, black, and while it possesses the charm of their American counterparts, it remains open-minded and organic. This should not come as a surprise, considering the AZARATH‘s impressive line-up and cemented position as one the the best Polish acts of the genre. The band was formed in 1998 by drummer Inferno (of Behemoth fame). He’s accompanied by Bart (Armagedon, Damnation) on guitars, Necrosodom (Anima Damnata, Deus Mortem, ex-Infernal War) on vocals and guitars, as well as Peter (ex-Lost Soul) on bass.
Meaning “at the point of death” or “under extreme circumstances” in Latin, “In Extremis” is yet another apex reached by AZARATH. Offering a vehement ride through the netherworlds, the effort places the band back at the fore of the genre, with strong ties to the group’s early cult albums. The eerie painting that adorns the album’s cover was made by Marta Promińska (Hypnagogic Painting).
Recorded in various locations between March and November 2016, “In Extremis” was mixed and mastered by Haldor Grunberg at Satanic Audio. Graphic design and layout were done by Mentalporn (Behemoth, Origin, Decapitated) with calligraphy provided by Ihasan Art and additional work by Holy Poison Design.
Following the album’s release, AZARATH will play at Inferno Festival (Norway) and Party.San Open Air Festival (Germany). The record release show will take place in Warsaw (Poland).
“In Extremis” will be available in a variety of formats:
– Digipack CD with 36 page booklet.
– Limited to 100 copies gatefold red LP with 20 page booklet.
– Limited to 150 copies gatefold white LP with 20 page booklet.
– Limited to 250 copies picture LP with 20 page booklet.
– Standard black LP with 20 page booklet.
– T-shirt (2 versions).
– Hooded sweatshirt.
– Full zip hooded sweatshirt.
– Digital format.
Inferno Festival 2017, NO
Party.San Festival 2017, GER
Inferno – drums
Bart – guitars
Necrosodom – vocals/guitars
Peter – bass
Latest posts by BarryVest (see all)
- Doom / Heavy Metallers EXORCISM release ENDLESS FIGHT, artwork, present new line up and show date via DREAM RECORDS. – March 7, 2017
- Neoclassical Metal Shred Project MOONLIGHT PROPHECY Releasing Debut EP ‘Eternal Oblivion’ in April – March 7, 2017
- Opposer released ‘Darkest Path” on Feb. 17th, It’s classic old school death metal with a healthy offering of thrash. – March 7, 2017